Cruise the Magnificent Lakes and Rivers of Mallacoota aboard the historic M.V. Loch-Ard Circa 1910
ABOUT THE LOCH-ARD
The M.V. Loch-Ard was first built in Melbourne in the early 1900’s. It was built from Tasmanian Huon Pine and Kauri. The boat operated as a passenger ferry for a short time and was then shipped to Lakes Entrance where it delighted many holidaymakers with cruises around Lakes Entrance. It was also used to carry guests to the Maranui Guest House. In between coming to Mallacoota in the 70’s it had its top removed and was used as a netting boat at lakes entrance. The boat came to Mallacoota via the sea, traveling out of the bar at Lakes Entrance and twelve hours later entering the bar at Mallacoota, After some thirty years of operating in Mallacoota the Loch-Ard was in need of some TLC and has been completely restored the boat it should now be good for at least another 90 years!
CALL DALE – 0438 580 708
We also operate a Fresh Seafood Caravan from the wharf