Why

Captain Stevenson’s Point

Captain Stevenson’s Point

In 1841 Captain Stevenson, who had captained whaling ships along the coast, was granted a grazing license.By 1842 Captain Stevenson had built a house on what is now known as Captain Stevenson’s Point. It was the location of a large Aboriginal shell midden which, when excavated, revealed stone and bone… Read more »